Re: GSoC07: keep dialogs in libabiword?

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 19:42:33 CEST

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, J.M. Maurer wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:50:20 +0200
> From: J.M. Maurer <uwog@uwog.net>
> To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
> Subject: Re: GSoC07: keep dialogs in libabiword?
>

> > Your solution is: reimplement all style and table dialogs (creating,
> > deleting, merging, formatting) again.
> >
> > Imo, this will result in lots of extra (redundant) work, and lots of
> > bugs most likely.
>
> Mind that this is fine if the consume does not mind reimplementing it,
> for example like we do for OLPC (reimplementing the UI in python, in a
> particular style).

Abiword uses Glade

Users interfaces can be constructed using Python and Glade

OLPC aren't writing Python Gtk GUI code are they? (he says, sort of
afraid that is exactly what they are doing).

The potential reuse might not be as elegant as a library but there may be
some potential there that is better than no reuse at all.

--
Alan