Re: ATK / Unix GUI question

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 03:18:48 CEST

> Hi all,
>
> I want to add ATK (Unix accessibility) support, assuming someone isn't
> doing this already, and I wanted to run a proposed approach by people
> before I go and do anything.

Hi Mike,
        Please continue with this work. It has been a gaping hole in the
project for a long time.

The answer to your question of why not gtktextview, is that widget is no
where near powerful enough for a WYSIWYG word processor. We need to draw
directly onto the screen to display the many features required.

Unfortunately, very few of us have taken the time to understand ATK, which
explains why we haven't implemented it yet so your help would be most
appreciated.

I will help as I can. Feel free to ask.