ATTN: AbiWord v2.5.2 Released

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 19:49:31 CEST

AbiWord v2.5.2 "The rumors are true: AbiWord is dead" Released

The AbiWord team is happy to finally announce AbiWord v2.5.1, the third
snapshot of the development that will lead to AbiWord 2.6.

This snapshot allows interested developers, testers and users a sneak
preview into the future of AbiWord.

The changes from v2.5.1 to v2.5.2 include, amongst others:

* The addition of a new experimental OpenXML import filter
* A Windows port of the experimental AbiWord Collaboration plugin
* Improved start-up time on Windows systems
* Support for native Windows Vista menus
* Allow dragging and dropping images in and out of AbiWord (Unix)
* Quite a few improvements to the OpenDocument filter
* Improved RTF import filter (it handles fields now for example)
* Improved LaTeX equation input support
* Fast image previews in the Image dialog, even for huge images (Unix)

We apologize for not providing a full changelog for this release.

AbiWord v2.5.x is parallel installable with AbiWord v2.4 so users can
try it out without disturbing their stable AbiWord 2.4 version (make
sure you specify an installation directory separate from your AbiWord
2.4 installation on Windows systems!). We are very much interested in
any bug you may find. Please report these to
http://bugzilla.abisource.com/. Binaries will hopefully show up within a
few days.

While we encourage people to try out the new snapshot, please be aware
that is a development snapshot and is not expected to be stable in any
sort of way.

Availability: http://www.abisource.com/download/development.phtml.

More information: http://www.abisource.com/.

Enjoy!