Re: Rotating images by 90,180 and 270 degrees.-

From: Jordi Mas <jmas_at_softcatala.org>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 12:54:03 CEST

En/na J.M. Maurer ha escrit:
>>> I do not plan on adding any UI to AbiWord proper to access this feature.
>>> The UI would only be in OLPC Write.
>> Hello Martin,
>>
>> My two cents on this.
>>
>> I believe that we should provide the same functionality in all platforms.
>> Obviously OLPC is a very special platform.
>>
>> If we follow the approach described the result is that we will have Abiword
>> documents with rotated images created in OLPC that cannot changed (there is no
>> UI for the rotation property) in all the other platforms. Also, if the code
>> for rotation is not implemented in the other platforms the image is going to
>> be shown rotated.
>>
>> My suggestion is to add the rotation UI interface for all platforms and
>> implement the rotation. I can do the Win32 (it has no native support) since I
>> did implement rotations for libgdiplus library a few years back.
>
> I don't see how Martin's proposal is anything else than what we always
> do. Do you just don't like the property, and want to store the image
> always rotated in the file (that would make more sense to me, as older
> abi's would still be able to open them properly)?

My understanding is that the image is stored un-rotated. Quoting Martin
original's message:

"Then the plan would be have a property "rotation" for images. If this
property is not present, the image is unrotated. If it is present, then
the image is rotated as requested after the construction of FG_Graphic."

My point was that if we provide the rotate function in OLPC it makes sense
to provide it in all the other platforms.

Regards,

Jordi,

--
Jordi Mas i Hernāndez, HomePage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas/