abiword-extras DESTDIR issue

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 19:34:41 CET

Hi Ants!

For abiword-extras we currently seem to do something funky with DESTDIR
for make install:

When I'm building an AbiWord rpm, I'm installing in to some fancy
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT path. When I configure abiword-extras, I'm pointing
pkg-config to look in $RPM_BUILD_ROOT for it's abiword-2.x.pc file. This
works fine, until I do:

  make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

I then end up with abiword-extras installed in
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/$RPM_BUILD_ROOT instead of just $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.

Does anyone with some auto*-knowledge have a clue about what is going
wrong here?

Thanks a lot,
  Marc