ATTN: AbiWord 2.5.1 released

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 23:46:25 CET

AbiWord v2.5.1 Released

The AbiWord team joyfully announces AbiWord v2.5.1, the second snapshot
of the development that will lead to AbiWord 2.6.

This snapshot allows interested developers, testers and users a sneak
preview into the future of AbiWord.

The changes from v2.5.0 to v2.5.1 include, amongst others:

  * Automatic font substitution using fontconfig when a specific font is
    not available (Unix)
  * Numerous fixes to our import/export filters, most notably the
    OpenDocument filter
  * Lots of fixes in our GTK+ frontend, such as fixing those pesky
    tooltips that just wouldn't go away

The full Changelog can be found at
http://www.abisource.com/changelogs/2.5.1.phtml

AbiWord v2.5.x is parallel installable with AbiWord v2.4 so users can
try it out without disturbing their stable AbiWord 2.4 version (make
sure you specify an installation directory seperate from your AbiWord
2.4 installation on Windows systems!). We are very much interested in
any bug you may find. Please report these to
http://bugzilla.abisource.com/. Binaries will hopefully show up within a
few days.

While we encourage people to try out the new snapshot, please be aware
that is a development snapshot and is not expected to be stable in any
sort of way. Binaries for your favorite platform may or may not show up
soonish.

Availability: http://www.abisource.com/download/development.phtml.

More information: http://www.abisource.com/.

Enjoy!