Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 00:14:34 CET

Replying to my own email...

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 16:40 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> The Google summer of code is on again in 2007.
>
> See:
> http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html
>
> and in particuler:
>
> http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60302&topic=10727
>
> If we want to participate, we need to submit our application to be a
> mentoring project in the week March 5th to March 12th.
>
> I guess we should have a discussion to decide:
>
> 1. If we want to be involved again.

+1

> 2. If so who is prepared to be a mentor

+1

> 3. Who will be our contact person for Google.

I vote for uwog

> 4. Some sample projects.

1. Another attempt to revive dashboard (I'll check with Joe Shaw to find
out why this failed)

2. Speed up table operations.
3. Implement Joaquin's fancy red/black tree piece table.
4. More abicollab work (destructive testing (discover failure modes),
more backends, XPize it.)
5. More input/export filter work. (The rtf filter could use some loving)
6. See if we can steal OO.o's MS Word document exporter.