Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 11:41:44 CET

One of the things Inkscape did last year was to encourage applicants to
submit a small patch for something fairly simple as part of their
application. This helped ensure people were able to compile the
application and get past the basic hurdles. With the sligthtly longer
lead in time this year applicants have a chance to make themselves known
to the community and significatnly increase their chances of getting a
place.

(I suppose I could add a paragraph with this suggestion to the wiki, not
quite sure how best to put it.)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/