[Fwd: Abiword]

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 12:30:56 CET

attached mail follows:

Hello,
    I am trying to contact the appropriate person related to the
ownership and management of the Abiword software. A colleague and I are
working on a small, free Linux distribution. We would like to know if
the Abiword developers would be interested in future partnering or
'teaming-up' to develop a complete, free office software suite.
    Although our goal is to develop a complete desktop/office operating
system and software suites to accompany it, we do not expect the Abiword
developers to desire to 'lose' their identify by becoming part of a
larger group, but we welcome the idea of teaming up to offer a complete
desktop/office solution completely for free (and open-sourced).
    We are interested in forming a larger group and adopting a unified
name (Even just using 'Abisource') while maintaining individual
development teams. We think a large, more varied organization could
benefit all projects by allowing access to different technologies,
fund-raising opportunities, and by providing a free and complete desktop
office solution.
    Thank you for your time!

Mack Richards
mackenzie@mackenzierichards.com