Re: Input regarding dependencies requested

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 01:26:02 CET

J.M. Maurer wrote:
>> Library Name - Version In Use - Latest Version - source
>> libbzip2 - 1.0.3-1 - 1.0.4 - http://www.bzip.org/downloads.html
>> (Note: bzip2 may be dictated by the version used by the libgsf binary -
>> there was a problem here in the past. I think we're actually using the
>> one from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617
>> right now.)
>>

> Didn't we just kill off bzip2 support?

bz2abw plugin was killed off - if I'm not mistaken, that's because the
importer was folded into the standard file loader now that we have
libgsf. Libgsf requires bzip2, hence the note - there was a broken
version of one of the two in the past with screwy symbols, and I'm not
sure if that's still a concern or not.

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik