Re: Mac OS X and fonts [and GTK fonts]

From: Andy Korvemaker <abiword_at_andyland.ca>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 18:45:57 CET

> > > I would like to know how AbiWord handles Mac OS fonts so that it
> > > could somehow be told the concordance program as well.
> > Which version of AbiWord are you using on your Mac? Is it the OS X
> > version, or one installed with either Fink or DarwinPorts?
> I am using the X11 version installed with Fink.

Sorry for the delay.

Disclaimer: I'm not a developer. I'm a user. I'm also on a Mac, and I'm
somewhat familiar with Fink.

To the best of my knowledge, the GTK version of AbiWord distributed with
Fink does not do anything special to deal with fonts. It simply uses
whatever fonts are available to GTK via the normal means (the same as on
Linux), whatever that may be.

The only additional thing I'm aware of in Fink is a package called
'applesystemfonts' which makes TrueType fonts from OS X available to
X11. However, once it's installed, any program that accesses X11 fonts
(however that's done) should have access to them without doing anything
special.

So, I don't know what may be causing this behavior. I've changed the
subject line to try to grab the attention of someone who might have a
better idea.

Andy

--
Andy Korvemaker