More on the crash on exit.

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 05:45:33 CET

The crash on exit occurs with current AbiWord-2.5 on linux.

It occurs because UT_ScriptLibrary::~UT_ScriptLibrary is called twice.

This happens because if the are any plugins AT ALL UT_ScriptLibrary is
loaded as a plugin as well as being constructed via it's static instance
pointer.

Upon closing AbiWord, all the plugins are unloaded, which deletes the
script library once. Then the application shuts downs and hence destroys
the UT_ScriptLibrary again through the static instance pointer and hence
the crash.

I'm now trying to understand why the library gets loaded as a plugin,
which is the origin of the bug. However I've been chasing this bug for
several days so I my not be successful.

If I hope this info will be valuable to someone else if I can;t find the
cause.