Re: Abiword Tango icon

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 01:34:05 CET

I had actually already made a Tango icon set and just had not yet
committed it - I have now done so with a preliminary revision. I am
working on integrating a pen into the design to add some meaning to the
icon beyond the brand. (If you look at the Win32 icon for AbiWord,
you'll see my last attempt at doing so a few years ago, before Tango.)
The Swoosh A is actually trademarked, so it is important that I keep to
the trademarked outline to maintain the protection.

Thanks for the offer! If you know about the mechanics of getting
GNOME/KDE to actually use all four icon sizes, that would be greatly
appreciated!

Ryan

David Prieto wrote:
> Hi, I contacted you some days ago offering to create some Tango icons
> for Abiword. Sadly, I got no good results, but just a while ago I saw
> that Andreas Nilsson has a set in his blog
> (http://ramnet.se/~nisse/blog/ <http://ramnet.se/%7Enisse/blog/> )
> which I am including attached.
>
> Would it be possible for Abi to use these icons instead of the current
> "page and a pen" it's using now? It looks a bit fuzzy and not very
> corporative in my opinion.
>
> Please, contact me if you agree yo use these icons. Then I can contact
> Andreas and ask him for the PNGs and SVGs.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David.

Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com
AbiWord Community Outreach Project: www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/blog/
"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller
"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide