How frozen? (Re: Patch: use std::string)

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 13:16:53 CET

Before thinking about Hub's patch we should IMO answer this quesion:
How frozen are we?

In the past we've had several months of "soso freeze", where
everything that wasn't strictly a dangerous new feature would be
allowed to go in. How strict will we be this time?

I suggest the following time table:
+ January (what remains of it): "Fix what you always wanted to fix,
but didn't because there was no pressure". This includes big stuff
like Dom's setting free the anthill.
+ February, March: Fix bugs strictly, no more of: refactoring, making
things nicer, porting to glib.
+ 31st of March: String freeze, notify translators (as good as we can).
+ April: Hard freeze, patches must be reviewed (unless they are
trivial, we trust each other).
+ 1st of May: release

What do you think?
Rob