Re: GR_Painter removal in GR_Caret

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 15:19:20 CET

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

>> It remove the GR_Painter on which the GR_CocoaGraphics depends.
>>
>> Any specific reason why it was removed?
>>
>> Putting it back works for me.
>>

> Please don't before testing it with abicollab.
>
> As I recall it sets up a race condition if there are 2 or carets in the
> document.

The thing is no painter means it does not work. So that does not help.
Solving race condition by removing the lock is not part of the solution,
it is part of the problem. You don't see it because on Gdk it is not needed.

BTW that make me very tempting to make this GR_Graphics method that
require the painter to be protected...

Hub