Re: RFC font ui

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jan 28 2007 - 10:29:47 CET

On 1/28/07, Tomas Frydrych <tf@o-hand.com> wrote:

> I have been pondering couple of issues that relate to our font UI that
> as user I am not happy with, and think should be addressed before the
> 2.6 release.
>
> 1. Handling of Absent Fonts in the UI
> -------------------------------------
> If I load a document that has text formatted with a font I do not have,
> and position the caret into that text the font combo will be set at the
> default font (in my case Times New Roman). This is rather misleading,
> particularly when the absent font is meant to be sans-serif. An obvious,
> but not entirely satisfying option, would be to have an empty entry in
> the list of the font combo and use that.

Have been testing that, by manually setting the font to "foo" editing
the .abw in a text editor. Here it looks like the currently displayed
font is not changed when the cared moves into a span using an unknown
font. It would be easy to blank the combo in that case or display the
name of the font.

- Rob