Re: 2ond patch for using gtk dnd in unix

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 08:13:47 CET

> Sorry, that last one was bad. This one should actually drop data.
>
> On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 16:03 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this patch solves many of the issues of the other one. Plus, have put
>> again the code in UnixFrameImpl that I had previously moved.
>>
>> If anyone could apply it, test and criticise, would be great.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tomeu

Hi Tomeu,
         This is great progress but there is quite a way to go yet.

For a start the default behaviour of visual drag and drop is to cut the
selected text, then drag it to where it needs to go.

If you hold down the control key and drag then you do a copy like what
you're doing now.

Next upon release the selection changes to something much large than the
dragged text.

Multi-line selections look rather strange since a bit amount of white
background is included in the selection.

The code to determine whether the text should be visually dragged seems
correct so far.

I like the behaviour of dragging the text outside abiword. We need to
implement some nautilus target method so text dropped onto the background
gets converted into a file.

I guess the main benefit of this is to do something similar on OLPC.

To get the cut/copy/paste behaviour right we need to implement the methods:

void FV_UnixVisualDrag::mouseCut(UT_sint32 x, UT_sint32 y)

void FV_UnixVisualDrag::mouseCopy(UT_sint32 x, UT_sint32 y)

void FV_UnixVisualDrag::mouseRelease(UT_sint32 x, UT_sint32 y)

void FV_UnixVisualDrag::abortDrag(void)