Re: New Feature - Re: CVS: commit msevior abi/src/text/fmt/unix fv_UnixVisualDrag.cpp

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 09:08:27 CET

Hi Martin,

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> This commit gives us a new feature on unix builds.We can now
> drag and drop selections to Nautilus.

Great stuff, thx.

> Also dragging and
> dropping a file from Nautilus to AbiWord now gives a regular
> abiword the option of pasting the file into AbiWord via a
> message box. The content of the message is:
>
> dcl(MSG_PasteOrLoad, "Do you want to paste this into your document?
> Answering \"No\" will open a new window with this file.")

I really dislike message boxes, and this one seems to me of no value at
all -- if I want to open a document in a new window, I double click it;
I think it is more than reasonable to assume that if I go through the
trouble of dragging a document, I want it pasted/embedded into the target.

Tomas