Re: New Feature - Re: CVS: commit msevior abi/src/text/fmt/unix fv_UnixVisualDrag.cpp

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 03:59:18 CET

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

> > open" thing on a system where I wanted to open a non-assosciated file
> > type (whether ABW or supported by an importer) and didn't feel like
> > re-navigating. Is there any way a file dragged onto a blank document is
> > opened (similar to how opening a doc with only a blank doc open replaces
> > the blank doc), but is inserted into any non-blank drop target?
> >
> > (Oh, and I know at least the Mac OS X HIG requires verb-buttons like the
> > Insert/Open/Cancel, not sure about GTK+, and there's no real HIG on
> > Windows but I like verb-buttons)
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> Hi everyone,
> I haven;t seen anybody jump and defend either the new text box
> query or the old behaviour of openning a new window after a
> file drag and drop.
>
> I will remove the text box query and make pasting the new behavior unless
> the current document is empty is which case the file will be loaded in the
> current window.

How about taking the icon of the dropped document and inserting that
instead? Only joking, Wordpard is retarded. (Deliberately I believe
since the free Microsoft Outlook Express does offer spellchecking and if
Microsoft included that in Wordpad they'd immediately cannibalise a huge
chunk of their own market.)

Thanks Martin, the new behaviour you have implemented sounds Golidlocks:
just right ;)

--
Alan
P.S. Congratlations to Abiword for getting included in Google Summer of