Re: Alternate Footnote

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 21:51:51 CEST

Hi Teus,

Teus Benschop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first submission of a patch in an attempt to make a start
> with introducing the alternate footnote in Abiword. This alternate
> footnote was first discussed in emails with subject "Footnote type", and
> this alternate footnote was then called a crossreference. But I thought
> that "crossreference" would be a bit misleading, because it really is no
> cross reference, but just a footnote. Hence the new name
> "AlternateFootnote". This envisaged alternate footnote only would differ
> in the footnote caller and the style it would use, still to be programmed.
>
> I am submitting this patch in the hope that this way of making a patch,
> through "cvs diff", is appropriate, and ask the developers to commit it
> if the patch is acceptable.

Thanks for taking the time to work on this new feature; just a couple of
comments.

a) There is no way we will commit a partial patch, you really need to
make patch for the complete feature before we will consider it for
inclusion (we have no guarantee at this point that you are going to
complete this or that the entire patch will be acceptable).

b) You need to be aware that we are too far into the 2.5 -> 2.6
development cycle to be adding new features until the 2.6 release is out
of the way, which will hopefully happen by July.

By all means, you can send patches to the list for comments and testing,
but the present patch is too limited for significant feedback (and, as
Hub noted, the format makes it difficult to read).

Tomas