Re: Alternate Footnote

From: Teus Benschop <teus_at_teusbenschop.nl>
Date: Sat Mar 31 2007 - 10:18:50 CEST

Trying to integrate the alternate footnote, it is a bit unclear to me
what the implications are if, in addition to the object
fp_FootnoteContainer, another object will be created, called
fp_AltFootnoteContainer. Or to put it differently, should the Alternate
Footnote also go into the fp_FootnoteContainer, or should it get its own
object?

I am thinking of the footnote separation line, whether two such lines
will be drawn if a separate fp_AltFootnoteContainer were used. I am
unclear on that.

And what will happen is the user presses the down arrow in a situation
that has a mixed number of footnotes and alternate footnotes all drawn
one below the other, e.g.
1) footnote1
2) footnote2
a) altfootnote1
b) altfootnote2
3) footnote3
When the cursor is in footnote2, will it go to the altfootnote1, or will
it just go to footnote3, skipping the alternate footnotes in-between?

Of course I could just try and see. But it is quite a job to implement
it. Therefore any advise in advance from the footnote layout gurus is
appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

Teus.