Re: win32 libiconv(?) problem

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 11:36:20 CEST

Robert Staudinger wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM, J.M. Maurer <uwog@uwog.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get AbiWord to compile and work on win32 mingw/msys. I get
>> it to compile just fine, but running is a whole other ballgame.
>>
>> Attached a screenshot of the first assert I get. I tried using tons of
>> different iconv packages, but all resulted in the exact same problem
>>
>> Anyone a clue?
>>

> Maybe a good time to throw out our iconv code entirely and use g_iconv ...

I'll take a closer look at it later - probably tomorrow evening.

I am presuming a iconv->g_iconv change would mean eliminating libiconv
from our dependency list (using glib instead)? In such case, we have
glib already, so it doesn't seem like an issue to me as long as it
doesn't break windows further. (granted, my influence in such decisions
is limited, but thought I'd add my question/comment) At this point I
think trunk only, or maybe even a branch, not 2.6 which is what Marc is
working on.

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik