Re: win32 libiconv(?) problem

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 13:57:10 CEST

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Robert Staudinger
<robert.staudinger@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM, J.M. Maurer <uwog@uwog.net> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get AbiWord to compile and work on win32 mingw/msys. I get
> > it to compile just fine, but running is a whole other ballgame.
> >
> > Attached a screenshot of the first assert I get. I tried using tons of
> > different iconv packages, but all resulted in the exact same problem
> >
> > Anyone a clue?
>
> Maybe a good time to throw out our iconv code entirely and use g_iconv ...

I don't understand. Our ut_iconv code uses g_iconv under the hood.
This has been the case throughout the 2.5 series. [1]

If you're using a really new glib, they recently changed it so that it
didn't have a libiconv dependency any more. Instead, it's implemented
in terms of native Win32 functions like WideCharToMultiByte(). Perhaps
that's the cause of the problem.

Dom

1: http://www.abisource.com/viewvc/abiword/branches/ABI-2-6-0-STABLE/src/af/util/xp/ut_iconv.cpp?view=co