Plug-in development documentation & build instructions

From: Andrew Buza <apt.buza_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 22:31:05 CEST

I'm interested in integrating abiword with some other software by
writing an abiword plug-in and I'm having some trouble getting
started.

I'm working on MS windows at the moment, but plan on building whatever
plugin I might create on MacOSX in the future. I've downloaded the
source for the 2.6.0 release from SVN, but the build documentation
references a CVS server. I've looked at the files on CVS but they
don't appear to have been updated for years. I'm assuming everything
has switched over from CVS to SVN; is that the case? If so, are there
updated build instructions somewhere? I downloaded MinGW and gave
building it a try without success.

Beyond that, is there any information for "3rd party" developers
writing plugins? There is the class/API documentation, but nothing
specifically about plugins. It looks like the ones distributed with
abiword give a good starting point anyway, but if there's more
information out there I might as well make use of it.