Re: sum1 - r23453 - abiword/trunk/src/wp/impexp/xp

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 09:31:35 CEST

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 6:49 AM, sum1abi@gmail.com <sum1abi@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Oh, I actually meant tools designed specifically to extract source
> code strings in order to spell-check them :). It might be a task best
> suited for a custom script, though.

One could extract strings from the binary using the `strings' program
and pass them on to enchant. Of course you'd get tons of crap, like
"27pf_Frag_Strux_SectionHdrFtr", not sure how much the spell checker
heuristics discards (embedded numbers, underscores, camel case, etc.),
probably quite a few.

- Rob