Re: Towards fixing #1235 (gtk)

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 10:15:02 CEST

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Robert Staudinger
<robert.staudinger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have commited a preliminary patch maing the font size dropdown
> editable (gtk frontend only).
> It seems that when the mouse is moved over the canvas after editing
> has begun the focus is still taken away, which is not very intuitive.
> It would be great if people tested this and reported back, as it
> touches potentially critical stuff (how events are passed around).
>
> Bug is
> #1235 [RFE] Not possible to change zoom, font name and font size on
> toolbar using keyboard

The final missing bit is handling of the <del> key in the font size
combo. It looks like <del> keystrokes are intercepted by accelerator
handling in the menu code, rather than being passed thru
XAP_UnixFrameImpl::_fe::key_press_event(), so they are not passed down
the widget hierarchy.

Any advice whether/why moving <del> handling to XAP_UnixFrameImpl
would be good or bad is appreciated. I am not sure why and how this is
intertwined with the menu code.

Thanks,
Rob