Re: Lets make Ryan's Ubuntu packages available for download

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 10:38:23 CEST

Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 09:52 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>
>> Despite Ryans outstanding efforts, he was unable to
>> get his 2.6.2 packages into Ubuntu Hardy.
>>
>> I suggest we make these available for download from our website (like
>> we used to do for other Linux distros) until Ubuntu does include them.
>>

> Please just do it by linking to the PPA. Otherwise it won't work with
> the dependencies...
>
> Hub

I've already created a wiki page that we can link on the download page.
Those of you who know more about the other distros, please add
information in a similar format to the Ubuntu page I made.

http://abisource.com/wiki/Linux_Installation_Information

I'd also like to make a new PPA first with a team, so that I can put
whatever I like in my personal PPA. I'll get this done soon and update
the instructions.

Ryand

--
Ryan Pavlik