Re: background color

From: Daniel Carvalho <idnael_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 11:34:05 CET

2008/12/3 Martin Sevior <msevior@gmail.com>:
> Hi Daniel,
> The color of the abiwidget canvas is a document
> property, set by the section property "background-color". You set it
> via the "format->Page Background" menu item.
>
> There is code to set this independently of the section property but we
> did not expose this to abiwidget.
>
> Is this an important feature for you? It is not hard to implement if
> you need it however it gets confusing if the user loads a document
> where the page-background color is different.

Hi Martin,

yes, I like to use whenever possible a dark background instead of white.
In open office for instance we can set a default background and
default text color, which will be used if the document doesn't specify
one. But maybe this is not an important feature for most users.

I see that in the c header file there is a set_property method but it
is not implemented in python. This set_property method would be used
to change properties of the widget or of the document?