Re: Help with Arabic computers

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 12:29:06 CET

Hi Marc,

I'm not surprised that happens if you type a western European language
in RTL mode. Poor pango would be awfully confused...

I've tried copy and pasting Arabic text from Arabic websites into the
middle of Arabic text (also from Arabic websites) and it looks OK to
my very, very untrained eye.

Could somebody who understands a RTL language try changing the
"normal" style to use the font Dejavu-sans and setting the alignment
to to right aligned?

You can change it via the format->styles dialog.