RFC: Merging cairo-integration into trunk

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 27 2008 - 00:32:32 CET

Hi everyone,
                   I would like to merge the cairo-integration branch
into TRUNK. I have already made a number of fixes to the rendering
code in trunk and I'm likely to make some more soon. Rob has done a
great job with cairo-integration and at the present time the branch
mostly mostly works but has some selection dirt issues and does not
have printing.

The selection dirt issues may be the result of cumulative cruft in the
rendering code in src/text/fmt/xp/*.

So I'd like to attack these in trunk with cairo and fix them all.

After that we can get printing working ASAP.

I'm very frustrated with gnome-print and would like to move to the
support for printing we get from Cairo. We also get to use jean's
great work in gnome-office and we will finally have gnumeric workbooks
in abiword.

Do others have opinions about this?

Cheers!

Martin