Re: Crossbuilding AbiWord for Win32

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 02:24:40 CET

Hi Ryan,

> I see we are now using Enchant everywhere (it shows up as a dependency)
> - is this a conscious choice? It will require that Aspell and an aspell
> dict be installed on Windows, unless we can get it to use the
> ispell/"abispell" stuff we're packaging for 2.6 and prior.

This is false. Aspell is not a hard-and-fast dependency of Enchant on
any platform.

By default, Enchant will build an Ispell and a Myspell backend, which
in turn have no outside dependencies that aren't already required by
Enchant itself. I've taken *great* pain so that Enchant's dictionaries
are relocatable and configurable on Windows. Integrating with
pre-existing AbiWord dictionaries (if this is a goal) should be a
matter of:

1) Packaging
or
2) Setting some registry keys

And I'm happy to discuss how to do this with you sometime.

Cheers,
Dom