Re: customizable toolbars gone, and the option too [patch]

From: Benno Schulenberg <bensberg_at_justemail.net>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 19:40:44 CEST

J.M. Maurer wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 23:06 +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> >
> > From above message I understand that customizable toolbars no
> > longer work in 2.6 and above. But in the Preferences dialog
> > there still is an option called "Allow Custom Toolbars".
> > Shouldn't this option be removed?
>
> If we don't allow it anymore, then yes: rip it out! :)

Okay. Attached patch removes the option and some of the mechanics.
There are more things that can be removed, but of some I'm unsure
whether they aren't needed for the normal construction of toolbars,
so I've been conservative in the cutting.

Do all developers agree that this option should go? And that all of
the mechanisms that implement it can go too?

Benno