Re: Enchant and Windows

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 14:57:48 CEST

So you want to build from source, but you don't want to:

1) cross-compile
2) download msft's free compiler and write your own makefiles (which isn't hard)
3) purchase visual studio to use the existing project files
4) give mingw a try, since cross compiling is known to work and it
uses the same build system. All you'd need to do is to download
mingw's binutils package or build from an enchant tarball since it
already contains Makefile.ins and configure
5) write your own makefiles to use with gcc

Picky customer... We've bent over backwards to make this accessible.
You're own your own.

--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.