Re: Fwd: Smart quotes patch - committed.

From: Bobby Weinmann <bobby.weinmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 20:19:41 CET

1) The Smart Quotes tab in the preferences will either be added to or
removed (and the checkbox placed on another dialog).
2) The Smart Quotes preferences - whatever form they're in - need to
be added to the non-GTK+ platforms. I could do Windows, but it would
be better if someone else could. I don't have a Visual Studio setup
at home, and I just started a new job, so I'm wary of doing it at
work. Cocoa (or whatever else Abiword supports) is beyond me.
3) I believe that the default should be the predominant style of the
current locale, but that it should be easily changeable. Both because
of the multistyle locale and because of things like extended foreign
quotes, i.e. a couple paragraphs of French - quoted with guillemets -
in an English document. I think this is attainable with an extra
drop-down box on the Smart Quotes pref screen. Martin is right that
there really are only a couple of combinations.

I will try to come up with something as soon as I can. If someone has
a better idea, by all means, submit it (preferably via a patch).

Bobby