Re: Fwd: Smart quotes patch - committed.

From: Bobby Weinmann <bobby.weinmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 16:45:37 CET

It is hard to argue with a German speaker who doesn't want to have
multiple styles.

However...
1) My biggest use of a word processor, at the moment, is writing a book.
2) I don't know about y'all, but when I switch languages, I don't
switch the language in Abiword, I just change the keyboard layout.
The only typing outside English I really do is Hebrew, and I don't
even know if a spell checker exists, since almost any combination of 3
letters is a word.

As I said, I'd like to tie the quote characters to the lang of the
doc, BUT have it overrideable.

Bobby