Licensing issues that need to be resolved before 2.6.1

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 22:14:15 CET

Hi all,

We still have the big goffice problem. Since no-one in the goffice camp
seems to be really willing to work towards relicening (they are not
opposed, but don't want to spend time on it either ;) and I don't have
the time nor knowledge to do it myself, I propose ditching all goffice
code from abiword.

This will impact 1) our 2 color pickers, and 2) ut_go_file.c/h.

The first issue can be resolved by reverting to what we did in AbiWord
2.4 (iirc we had our own widget).

The second issue can resolved by relicensing ut_go_file.c/h. Not too
many people touched this I hope. Otherwise we'll just have to rewrite
it :X

Having to release the whole of AbiWord under a more restrictive license
than needed for just 2 silly things is rather stupid i'd say. AbiWord
2.6.0 will be GPLv2 _only_, but I hope 2.6.1 can be GPLv2+ again.

Comments?

  Marc