PDF Import Plugin

From: Muddu kishan <kishan4every1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 21:45:19 CET

AbiWord has a very basic PDF import plugin. This plugin only gets the
plain text from a file and not the extravagant functions like page
number, headings & posters. I propose to build a plugin which will do
that.

Implementing:

PDF combines Two technologies:

* A font-embedding/replacement system to allow fonts to travel with
the documents.

* A structured storage system to bundle these elements and any
associated content into a single file, with data compression where
appropriate.

* Major Challenge lies in Localization. As, Arabic & Chinese Scripts
are in the Other Way Round. Right To Left.

What will i deliver:

At the end of the project I will deliver a plugin for AbiWord that
will be able to read PDF files. It will load them and display them and
at least have interpreted Headings, page numbers, columns. The plugin
will be a good enough framework. Will Try to load PDFs with
extravagant functions like links & posters.

Thank You