Re: Congratulations to our GSoC students!

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 10:21:09 CEST

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Dominic Lachowicz
<domlachowicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that this is long overdue, but I'd like to congratulate and
> welcome our *6* Google Summer of Code students. I'd also like to thank
> all of those who submitted applications but were not accepted. We got
> a lot of applications this year (32, to be exact). Paring them down to
> a top 6 was not easy, but these 6 students and their proposals were
> all top-notch.

[...]

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dom.
With my abiword hat on I must say that I'm excited about the projects
improving import/export filters, apart from my own which I quite fancy
as well.

As a seasoned GSOCer I'd like to repeat the invitation to join
abiword's IRC channel. Chances are that you'll easily and quickly get
advice, even if your mentor is not online at the moment. Or just hang
out with the crowd ...

I already had the pleasure meeting a few peers there, it would be
great if the others would proclaim their IRC handles as well. (Order
of projects preserved from the original mail, for easy matching)

1. Rob Staudinger "rob"
2. Xun Sun
3. James Denton
4. Ryan Pavlik