Re: enchant glib version requirements

From: J Dietrich <jdietrich_at_discordant.org>
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 21:18:57 CEST

Hrm, you're right of course, this is a classic PEBKAC case on my part.
It seems that the sfw 2.14 package wasn't actually installed on the
dev box I'm working on atm, so I've been compiling against whatever
old glib2 Sol10 is shipped with. I'd been assuming that the sfw
package was in place, so I was taking the configure fails to indicate
that 2.14 < 2.6 - brain dropping in a decimal point that wasn't there
or something. Clearly not enough coffee this morning. ;O

Might want to update that Enchant page, in any case - you do require
2.6, not 2.0. I do wonder about whether using g_fopen a few times is
worth being broken on stock Solaris10, but I'm cool with it now that I
am, er, unconfused - I can no doubt easily install the sfw package and
get the latest enchant built now. Thanks!

Jeff

Might be worthwhile to update the text, anyways.