Re: Columns in Abiword

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 17:36:29 CET

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 21:30 +0100, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér
wrote:

> Now finishing the much-needed Danish translation of Abiword.
> I believe the word "Columns" is consistently used both for in-text
> columns and those in tables?
> These two types are translated into two different words in Danish
> (in-text 'spalter' from the word used for newspaper columns,
> in tables 'kolonner' from the word used for spreadsheet columns).
> Is there any way to know which is which, or can I only try to se my
> way
> out of it by looking at the comments above the msgid in da.po file?

As far as I know, looking at the generated comments above the message id
is the only way to get a clue, yes.

> Only two things puzzling me:
> There is a thing about recording editing. What is this? I am unsure
> what it is about.

Those are only used when debugging AbiWord's collaborative feature.
Nothing really user-visible. In fact, I don't think we even use those
anymore.

> Also, annotations. What are they for? Are they like
> OOo's notes?

Yep! It's our fancy new feature for the next major release (2.8).

  Marc