Multi-Page View UI

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 11:39:17 CET

Hi Everyone,
                  Today, my time, Marc committed the multi-page view
code to TRUNK. Congratulations to James Denton who worked on this code
for his Google Summer of Code project! I'm now asking for a bit of
advice on how to finish it off. As things currently stand, multi-page
view is triggered if while in Page View mode 2 more pages will fit
across the screen. To do this you must put the zoom level to a fixed
value and expand the horizontal width of the screen. It does this
automatically with no preference setting.

I'm actually very comfortable with this behaviour. One could imagine
various other options that could be set via preferences or dialogs but
I really like the simplicity of this approach.

Now as things currently stand if you set your view to "Normal Mode"
multi-page view will never be triggered at all.

Are people comfortable with this? Or should we have mult-ipage view
for normal too?

In any case, enjoy our New Feature!