Help extending a plugin

From: John Young <071687y_at_acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 05:17:21 CET

Hello,

I am trying to extend Abiword's OpenDocument plugin to handle
encrypted documents. My code compiles and running make and make
install works without errors, but when I try to activate the plugin I
get an error saying something along the lines of "Cannot
activate/install plugin." I believe this to be happening because after
running make the resulting libtool files do not list the library I
used for encryption (open ssl) in the dependency lists. The problem is
that I cannot find the initial file(s) listing dependencies that the
libtool files make their lists from. I have tried to figure out which
file(s) it is I need to edit, but I have not had any success yet. Can
anybody tell me which file(s) I have to edit to add this new
dependency? Thank you for your time and help.

P.S.:
I am able to install and run the stock plugins without error. If it
matters, I am running Slackware 12.1.

--
-John Young