Re: [Localization] Arabic Font Status

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 03:03:29 CEST

Hi Khaled,
               We at AbiWord share your frustration. We would really
like to improve our complex script support for Arabic and all the
other complex script languages.

However for us the frustration is that we really are helpless to fix
these bugs unless we have a collection very explicit bug reports. The
developers of AbiWord do not know Arabic so the only way we can get
this fixed is to have a collection of bugs with really explicit
examples of what goes wrong. ie Screenshots of what text looks like
after some manipulations and explicit instructions of what should
happen instead.

With these in hand we can track down and fix bugs and improve Arabic support.

AbiWord-2.6.4 is available for many linux distros now and provides the
same rendering mechanism as Write in the sugar-0.82 release. Make your
bug reports for either AbiWord-2.6.4 or Write for sugar-0.82.

Thank you,

Martin Sevior