Welcome to our Google Summer of Code Students!

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 05:22:44 CEST

Hi Everyone,
                  Through the very generous support of Google, AbiWord
has been awarded 5 students for this years Google Summer of Code
project. We have benefited greatly from the program in 2006, 2007 and
2008 and have high expectation for this year too.

Our 5 students and their projects are:

Aditya Manthramurthy - Speeding up AbiWord's table layout algorithm
Firat Kiyak - Improving AbiWord’s OpenXML Support
James Denton - Flicker Reduction
Kathiravelu Pradeeban - Port AbiWord for Windows to Unicode
Keith Bowes - Convert AbiWord to use GetText for translations

It's great to see James Denton and Firat Kiyak return this year after
very successful projects last year.

Sorry to those students who applied this year and missed out. We many
high quality applications and could only choose 5.

Please feel free to continue to be involved with AbiWord and with Free
Software in general. The rewards for participation go way beyond
immediate financial benefits. If this were not the case development of
AbiWord would have ceased long ago.

Cheers!

Martin