Re: Editing of textboxes is very very slow in pyabiword on xo / write activity

From: sumit singh <sumit.coder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 15:56:17 CEST

Hello Martin,

Thanx for your reply.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Martin Sevior<msevior@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sumit,
>             I'll investigate the slowness today.

Sure, I will wait for your reply.

>I'm certain you will
> have to move to abiword  2.7.9 or later to fix it. (2.7.9 will be
> released this weekend)

I am not having any issues moving and continuing my development on the
2.7.9 release if the problem solves on it, the only problem is that we
have almost started the deployment of our software in some schools of
South Africa and the deployment will get speed up after our alpha
release. However, the xos there are on the current (2.6.8) build of
abiword. I am not sure whether it will be possible for them to upgrade
all the xos to the 2.7.9 release of abiword.

Do you think it is possible somehow to include the libabiword file of
the 2.7.9 release of abiword in our activity bundle itself, so that
the newspaper activity uses this file instead of the one installed on
their xos or is there any other way to do so without the overhead on
their parts to upgrade their systems.

Kindly give your suggestions.

Regards,
VIJIT aka sumit