No package 'abiword-2.8' found

From: Daniel Carvalho <idnael_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 25 2009 - 18:08:06 CET

hi
I was trying to compile libabiword+pyabiword (my python programs that
use abiwidget stop working after I upgrade to ubuntu9.10)

In compiling pyabiword I always get this error
./configure --prefix=/usr/local

"""checking for ABIWORD... configure: error: Package requirements
("abiword-2.8 >= 2.8.0") were not met:
No package 'abiword-2.8' found
installed software in a non-standard prefix."""

I compiled Abiword this way:

svn co http://svn.abisource.com/abiword/trunk abiword
./autogen.sh
./configure  --enable-dynamic
It was installed sucefully in /usr/local
I also tried several variations like --enable-libabiword,
--prefix=$HOME/abiinstall etc