Making exported Maths display in HTML

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 16:42:54 CEST

Hi Folks,
            Currently when we export MathML to the html none of the
MathML directives are actually obeyed by Firefox even though the codes
are perfectly valid mathml.

After a bit of digging on the web I discovered a piece of java-script
that when embedded in the HEAD of our exported HTML makes the mathML
display correctly.

Have a look at:

http://abisource.com/~msevior/math-auto.html

The secret source is this piece of javascript.

http://abisource.com/~msevior/mathmlAndSvgForHTML4.js

I have written a patch to embed this in our html. I must admit that
this seems a bit extreme so I would like to here of alternative ways
we could make MathMl appear correctly in our html documents.

One things that would be rather easy would be to only emits this
script if the document contains maths.

Opinions, other ideas?