Re: RFC: `--geometry' command line option

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 09:48:06 CET

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote:

[...]

> I don't see any *advantage* in dropping it, or you guys simply mean
> relaying --geometry to GTK+?

The advantage of dropping it would be that it removes the Xlib.h dependency.

It's possible to pass down the geometry down to where GtkWindow/s are
created and use gtk_window_parse_geometry, but that would complicate
the code.

So I'd like to drop this unless people are really depending on it. As
said in my initial email, geometry is usually meant to be determined
by the window manage anyway.

- Rob