Re: Revision of German translation

From: Volker Ribbert <thoraki_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri Mar 06 2009 - 21:34:14 CET

Hi Marc,

J.M. Maurer wrote:

> Are you unsure about some of your fixes, or is it just the first time
> you do a translation?

Oh no, I'm not generally unsure. In the majority of cases I am quite
sure. I believe to be an experienced translator, working in that
profession for almost 20 years - And about 10 years ago I began with
software and localization stuff.

However, it's sort of dyed in the wool that there are always a couple of
cases that people will judge differently, according to their knowledge
and experience (and their personal preference, sometimes). Translations
are not to be mixed up with natural science! ;-)

And, yes, this is the very first time that I am delivering a piece of
work to the AbiWord project, so I'm a bit cautious.

HTH

Volker