GSoC project: start a LaTeX importer

From: Mariusz Adamski <mariusz.adamski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 19:22:16 CEST

Hello,

I'm planning to participate in Google Summer of Code 2009 and I'm
interested in one of Abiwords' projects: the LaTeX importer. I think I
have a good understanding of LaTeX (using it very often), I have also
some experience in writing parsers and basic knowledge of parser
generators, such as Bison.

I would like to know if you have any special preferences or
requirements on students-applicants, especially for work on this
particular project, so I could estimate my chances. Any additional
information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mariusz